Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh, Yeah...

And just a word on how AWESOME our kids are....

They are AWESOME!!! Saturday was spent driving from Hay River to Yellowknife-a boring trip for an adult...And yet, they did extremely well. We slept in a hotel that night, again-a difficult and new thing, they were both awesome. Yesterday, we had to wake them up extra early, drag them to the airport, sit around with nothing interesting to do, then ride a small airplane for over 2 hours...No in-seat tv's, no meals served, no colouring book and crayons provided by the airline...Good thing Mommy knows how to pack a carry-on!! Peekaboo kept herself occupied fairly well for the trip. I fed them both almost constantly. Horray for the lovely lady in Yellowknife who checked us in. The flight was not full, so she put Peekaboo and I across the aisle from each other, and the window seat beside me remained "empty" so that Ezra had his own seat. I had a car seat with me, presumably for Peekaboo, but we installed it for Ezra and WOW what a relief! He sat in it, quite happily, for the duration of the flight. The second little hop, from Vancouver to Nanaimo, was only 20 minutes...But, 20 minutes of him on my lap was LOTS!! I hope the plane back up to Yellowknife on the 24th is only half full too!!
So, picture if you can, Peekaboo in her seat. She was wearing....you guessed it, Pink. There was a gentleman in the window seat beside her....full Harley duds! Ponytail, sunglasses, black shirt and pants, big boots, goatee.....It was very funny! Peekaboo opened her surprise playhouse that I made for her, and this guy was playing "Princesses" with her! Turns out he has a 2 year-old granddaughter and 1 year-old grandson! It was a very cute picture!! Wish I had a camera with me!!

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Oh my gosh- that is so funny about the Harley guy!! That really made us giggle tonight!