Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boys & Girls


Peekaboo loves to help give Ez a bath. She stands on a chair and uses one of the baby wash cloths to clean his belly and head. The other day she was cleaning him and stopped. She was still for a moment then said, "Mommy, what's that?" I said, "That is Ezra's penis."... She looked at him again, then said, "Mommy, I don't have a penis." "No, honey" I said, "you don't because you are a girl. Ezra is different, he is a boy." I was thinking that I would have to have this conversation with my daughter at some point-I was not thinking it would be when she was 2 1/2 years old! She proceeded to tell me that I am a girl too, and don't have a penis. I readily agreed with her.

Luckily, after telling me that she needed to wash it too, that was the end of it (for now!)!!

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Too cute! And the way he is looking at her in the picture is awesome!