Saturday, June 21, 2008

Greetings!

I have decided that chasing after my 2 1/2 year old, caring for my 6 week old, walking the dog, scrapbooking and trying to prepare decent meals doesn't keep me busy enough, so I have started a 'blog'!
Our family is made up of me-Tigger, my fiance and long-time partner Tim, our daughter Peekaboo, our son Ez, our black lab cross NeWT and our fish Daddy Spot. We live in a small town on the southen shore of Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories, Hay River. We moved here 5 years ago to experience the wonder of the great north for a year...and here we remain. We have moved around a bit, spending time in Comox BC and Inuvik NT.
The newest addition to our family, EZ, has certainly livened things up! Peekaboo is a fantastic big sister, making sure his toes are covered with his 'cozy blanket' and that he has a soother. He is a fairly laid back kid, except for 9pm-10pm every night! We are hoping that this too shall pass.
It is currently the longest day of the year, and that means no darkness here in the north. The sun sets, but the sky does not darken as the sun is only down for a couple of hours. Last year, in Inuvik, we experienced the sun not setting for 30 days or so-very strange! We will enjoy the light, as in December we will be missing it very much!

No comments: