Friday, June 5, 2009

Sew fun!

I think Tim has finally come to terms with the fact that the sewing machine may never leave the kitchen table again!! Every time I finish a project, and am about to put it away, I come up with some new project to try.

I made some crayon rolls and small, soft-sided doll houses...cute and fun to make. I sold a few at the Children's Swap at DJSS last Saturday.



While we were down south in April, I bought a little reversible dress for Peekaboo in a used clothing store. It is super cute and any time it isn't in the laundry she wants to wear it. Well, I looked at it and thought "That would be pretty easy to make...." So, without a pattern or a clue where to start....
Then, because I bought WAY too much material, I made a reversible sun hat to match (might be a bit much to wear all at once!!)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

You are a superhero! My superhero! Come to Ontario to give me lessons on how to work my sewing machine!!!!

Tigger said...

When we were in Inuvik I kept borrowing one, so Tim bought me one when we moved....Never would have thought it, I almost failed Home Ec in high school!!

UK lass in US said...

You've been busy. I love the track inside the garage.

Tigger said...

I have to be honest, the track inside the garage was actually my husband's idea! He suggested making a 'camo' house too, for all the army men out there who need a place to bunk!